Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Short Introduction

Welcome to my blogg. My names is Rasmus, I am 25 years old, and I have a BA in Korean studies from the University of Copenhagen. The primary purpose of this blogg is to make information about modern Korean Buddhism more accessible. As anyone who has tried to study Korean Buddhism will know, not much concrete information about this topic is available in English (or any other western language for that matter). So on this blogg I will be posting my own translations of Korean articles, mostly taken from various websites, that in one way or another are related to Buddhism.

It is my sincere hope that it will become an invaluable source of information to those who want to devote themselves to the practice of Buddhism as well as to those whose interest in the religion is of a purely academic nature. Bear in mind though that I am not a native speaker either of English or of Korean, and since, at the same time, I aim to stay as true to the original text as possible, the phrasing of the sentences may have a bit of an akward or unnatural feel to them from time to time.

My first post will be the first part of a longer article about the practice of prayer in Buddhism taken from a website affiliated with a Zen Buddhist temple in Korea, which is really an excellent source of material. But apart from this focus on buddhist prayer, what I will mainly be focusing on is articles specifically regarding the Kshitigarbha Faith. Or at least that was my original idea. Hence I chose to give my blogg the name Jijang Bosal, the Korean name for Kshitigarbha Bodhisattva. But I also plan to post articles about lots of other things, such as the Thousand Hands Sutra and the Great Dharani of Mystical Phrases and Sentences (as it is mostly referred to in Korea).

No comments:

Post a Comment